Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Weekend of Multiple Engagements

Today was my last day of peace and quiet for the rest of the weekend. I was determined to finish my edits on the second novel in my series. I succeeded! Hoorah!

I'm now torn between re-reading the first 39 pages I had on book 3 before I halted to handle a rewrite on the first book, and then the edits on the second (to bring it in line with changes made in the first), and giving myself a break for the crazy, hectic few days ahead.

Tomorrow, we go to DC for the day, and I'm really looking forward to everything about it (other than waking up before 6 am).

Friday is Opening Day at the Frederick Keys, and I'm cash manager for one of the concession stands. It's all for charity, but there are 80 home games, and I'm expected to work about a quarter of them. I have a feeling I'm not going to sign up for this detail again, but we'll see how it goes.

Saturday at 8 am Lulu and I are working at a pancake breakfast at a local senior living home.

Saturday afternoon, back to the Keys for game 2 of the season.

Sunday, you guessed it, back to the Keys yet again.

I'm gonna smell like fried chicken and beer. Ick. But I'll smell like fried chicken and beer for a good cause.

With all that coming up, I'm not really itching to get started on an essentially new project. When I start a new novel, even though I'm already 39 pages in already, I really want to sit down in an uninterrupted fashion and bang out the basic plot over the course of a week or two. I don't think I'll really be able to focus on it until at least Monday. I am seriously not pleased about it, which I think is a Good Thing.

If I'm this upset about losing my uninterrupted writing time, it must mean I'm committed to it. When I'm not writing now, I feel...wrong. I can't really describe it. It's like I'm wearing pinchy shoes, or an itchy sweater. I just can't get comfortable until I start writing again.

Thalia's world is growing to the point where it's leaking out of me when I can't keep churning it out on paper (or in pixels). I suppose it is a Good Thing. Except when I can't spend the day writing!

At least I still have coffee. If I have to, I'll stay up late, get up early, and work through lunch to get some pages made this weekend. I'll take a bit of advice from my newest fridge magnet, which I actually have stuck to the hood over the stove:

Words of Wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me all about it: