Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Nano-uary

That's right! I finally finished the Zero Draft of Black Sheep! It is done! Only a month after I promised myself it would be. The holidays mess with us all, don't they? But January got back on track in a hurry. It sort of took me by surprise.

Accidental WIN

I basically nano-ed this manuscript, only I did it in January. Nano-uary? Nanuary? Janano? I wrote about 50k in January. That's what I'm trying to say.

The completed draft is over 103k, but at least a few thousand words will fall to the editorial sword. I was just so determined to reach The End I stopped worrying about how long it was getting and just got it out.

Whatever. It's done. Now it gets to ferment in a drawer for a few weeks while I catch up on all the other things. If I have your MS for critique, and you have a shinier version, let me know. I'll be reading A LOT in the next week or so.

image

Thank you to everyone who offered me encouragement, and everyone who reminded me to stay off Twitter so I could finish. Thank you to all the wonderful folks who run and participate in #WriteClub, @FriNightWrites. I couldn't have done it without y'all. There's nothing better than breaking writing up into easily manageable chunks, like 30 minute word sprints, followed by a lot of sharing and cheering on Twitter. It sounds like such a simple thing, but it means the world to me, and has made all the difference in finishing this manuscript.

I had so many ideas for another Untweetworthy post in the last week, but I was too busy writing to make notes. I suppose that's Untweetworthy in itself.

So here's the best things I remember about the last week, in a video and a picture:

This is my cat's new favorite past-time, hanging from his little kitty tower, and trying to murder the dangling block with his back feet. Every time I try to take a video of it, he stops. Jerk.

Lulu drew me this picture of a Minecraft creeper in a tux. She has a pet creeper named Shrub, but he keeps blowing himself up. Like a sir.

And thus ends my update of bloggerly goodness. Thanks, y'all.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Congrats for pounding that bad boy out!!!!!! Your cat is awesome. <3

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about it: